Frequently Asked Questions:

1. I need to get my Birth Certificate, but my Driver’s License is expired.

If you live in the state of Florida, you can call the office of the Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration in Orlando at 407 776-9000 or email: , for more information.

2. How can I contact the Puerto Rico Health Department for my Birth Certificate or for corrections to the document?

The Official Puerto Rico Government website is and you can click on the orange box titled “Certificado de Nacimiento”. The phone number is (787) 765-2929, the extension is 6100 and the email is *Note*: PRFAA’s Orlando Office is only authorized to expedite vital documents, not to make corrections.

3. How long does it take to get a Birth Certificate?

If you live in Florida and go to the Orlando PRFAA’s Office and bring the correct paperwork, you will leave the office with your Birth Certificate that same day.

4. I sent my documents to VitalCheck and they don’t answer my calls or emails.

VitalCheck is a private company that provides help processing vital documents for all states in the U.S. including Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates but has nothing to do with the Government of Puerto Rico. If you sent your paperwork to VitalCheck and you have an issue, please contact VitalCheck directly for customer service. The official government website to request vital documents is

5. I don’t live in Florida, but can I go to PRFAA’s Orlando Office to get a Birth, Marriage, ASUME, Death Certificate, Driver Record or Apostille service?

Yes, you can. But please make sure that you visit the office in person if you are requesting assistance during business hours and don’t forget to bring a valid ID.

Got more questions?

Postal Address

6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Suite 101, Orlando, FL 32809

Physical Address

6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Suite 101, Orlando, FL 32809

Contact Us

Office Number: (202)778-0710 Fax Number: (202)778-0721 email: